For over 10 years, Cambodia-Japan Cooperation Center (CJCC) has been training and developing high-competent human resources for Cambodia, enhancing mutual understanding and cooperation between Cambodia and Japan through three main activities: Business Training, Japanese Language for Career Development, and Culture and Education Exchange Program. CJCC is supported by both Cambodian government represented by Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport (MOEYS) and Japanese government represented by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and Japan Foundation (JF).
To complete the mission of human resource development, CJCC will organize the business plan contest as national and regional levels to encourage the spirit of entrepreneurship and the economic growth in Cambodia as well as regional countries.
Eligible Contestants: (Open for public)
- Cambodians (Over 20 years old);
- The contestants must be a team (2-5 members in business plan team), and be able to do presentation in English;
- The contestants must be able to finalize business plan by the deadline;
- The start-up plan (including existing business within one year operation); and
- The business plan is never awarded in any contest before.
Awards & Benefits:
- Free coaching program for the winners of National Business Plan Contest and automatically attending regional business plan contest;
- Free admission of CJCC’s business courses and seminars for one year for the winners of National Business Plan Contest;
- Attending Training Program in Japan for the winners of National Business Plan Contest (1 representative from each team).
The qualified candidates are encouraged to register their business plan first before submitting relevant documents and they will be invited to attend seminar for free admission, so that they will be able to improve their business plans suggested by guest speakers.
The candidates are supposed to submit their full business plan as PDF format as well as slide presentation by the deadline.
- Only ten business plans are selected by screening document
- Those ten teams are required to attend the national business plan contest by doing presentation for evaluation committee
- There will be three business plans awarded as winners to be eligible for the regional business plan contest
- Shortlist Notification will be announced on 10 June, 2017
- Training in japan will be rewarded to those 3 winners (one representative of each team)
The three winners from national business plan contest will be provided coaching program, then they are required to attend regional business plan contest on 22 July, 2017.
The business plans are graded on:
- Corporate philosophy (vision, mission and credo)
- Markets and competition analyses (clearly identified customers such as value for customers and customer segmentation; attractiveness of market opportunity such as positioning involving X-Y axis analysis, environmental scanning, SWOT analysis and strategy; and competitiveness assessment)
- Management team (experience of the team, partnerships)
- Product and Service (clearly defined as uniquely differentiated as can be seen in positioning, value, SWOT, strategy and business flow)
- Social Impact
- Overall attractiveness (presentation skills, commitment, reality or feasibility, planning skills, assumptions for financial projection, CSFs)
Special Seminar (How to develop Business Plan effectively)
- Date: 6 May, 2017
- Time: 1:30-4:30
- Venue: CJCC/Room 9
- Participants: Public ( Free Admission)
National Business Plan Contest
- Date: 16 June, 2017
- Time: 8:30-17:00
- Venue: CJCC/Room9
- Candidates: Cambodian (Public)
Regional Business Plan Contest
- Date: 22 July, 2017
- Time: 8:30-17:00
- Venue: CJCC/ Kizuna Hall
- Candidates: Regional Participants (Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam)